Saturday, February 26, 2011

Joey's Bacon Potatoes

Since this recipe is based off of how many potatoes I use, I will just list the ingredients. This recipe is of Joey's creation, hence the name. He told me what he wanted in them and I made it and have made it many times since it's creation in the laboratory of my kitchen.

Potatoes
Green Onions
Sour Cream
Cobly Jack Cheese, grated
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tbsp butter

Peel, cube and cook potatoes until you can break them with a wooden spoon.
While the potatoes boil, slice the green onion and cook in a little of the bacon grease. Do not cook long, just enough to soften the onions. Remove from heat and mix with the bacon.
Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and mix into the potatoes well.
Add enough sour cream until the potatoes are creamy.
Add pepper to taste.
Add cheese to taste and mix well.
Pour potatoes in a casserole dish and place in oven until cheese has melted

No comments: